Bless Up

Bless Up

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Hopeton James - Didn't I 7'' [199x Two Friends Original Pressing]

More Two Friends productions as promised, this time on a haunting Tempo riddim even including a mystic flute synth.Those of you that have been following this blog know that Tempo is probably my all time favorite riddim, and I'm always seeking out fresh cuts of it. Of the Two Friends singles on this riddim, the only other one I know of that I don't have is Daddy Lizard's Show Dem The Way.




Peter Mann - Do For Love 7'' [1992 Two Friends Original Pressing]

Same label, same riddim... this time on the same instrumental as Home T's Careless Whisper, which I posted as a 12'' a while ago. Except for this is a cover of Bobby Caldwell's smooth 70's R&B hit What You Won't Do For Love (also sampled by 2Pac on his Do For Love song), instead of George Michael lol. Peter Mann though, was an obscure singer who only released a few singles, most of them for Michael Bennett and Patrick Lindsay.



No comments:

Post a Comment